If you give gruvr.com your email address, you won't get spam from us and we won't sell, rent, or give your email address to anyone else.
- Gruvr.com accepts email addresses from users who want to get alerts about local performances by their favorite artists. The site detects a user's internet (IP) address in order to estimate their geographic location. The location is just an approximation based on public information about internet addresses. We don't collect any other information about users - it is not possible, for example, to create an online profile and input any private information.
- When you input your email address, it is stored once, in our database. We take care not to write email addresses into text files where programs might seek to harvest them. Each time you enter your email, a confirmation email is sent to the address in question with a link that will instantly delete the email address from our database. Since no confirmation is required before an email can get gruvr alerts, only one email can be registered per IP address (computer) at a time.
- We will never sell our email list to advertisers or accept payment to send out advertising to our list of email subscribers.
- Any email address we store will only be used for the following purposes:
- To send alerts when a performer on your Radar list schedules a show near you
- To send alerts about tickets or other news directly related to the performance or performer in a Radar alert.
- To send updates about new functionality or changes to gruvr.com
- To send reminders about upcoming shows (i.e., if you have checked "Remind Me" on the homepage Shows You Like list)
- To send price and availability alerts about tickets, if specifically requested on the ticket page for a specific events
As part of the above kinds of message, we may include relevant offers where we have partnered with another company (e.g. as an affiliate) to offer things related to live music performance that are clearly a good deal - and something we think our users would like to hear about. We intend that any such offer would complement the informational content of the messages, not detract from it.